What is the “Note for the production team” ?
This feature allows you to easily pass on any messages to the myProto production team. It also enables you to clearly indicate if you require the following manipulations to be applied to each individual components present in the BOM file. There are some options that allow you to do the following:
- Replace selected BOM entry with… : When the powerful BOM tool of myProto does not find a specific component, you can simply select this option and note the required component. Please, note that in this case additional costs might arise due to the purchase cost of the extra component
- Component mounted (top edge of component) at… : When the top edge of the component has to be mounted in a specific way on the board
- Component mounted (bottom edge of component) at… : When the bottom edge of the component has to be mounted in a specific way on the board
- Component bent at… : When the component has to bent in a specific way on the board
- Special Note: for any other case/scenario, you can leave message for the production team by selecting the special note.
The use of this feature will require your project to be submitted for verification and validation before you may proceed through checkout. This is meant to prevent any delays or issues during production.